Friday, January 23, 2015
Cool Stuff!
This first video is an example of Aboriginal dancing. I chose this video because it showed a good example of the clapping sticks we discussed in class, and I liked how it was not a group dance, but tended to be done by different individuals.
I chose the second video because I thought it was really cool that someone did traditional Bollywood dancing for a Miss America pageant. I think that's a good example of how America is a melting pot of cultures, and it was refreshing to see that.
I really enjoyed this last video because all of the dancing was centered around one woman, Geeta Kapoor, and it was really interesting to watch. I liked the group aspect of the dancing, and I loved all of the different costumes. It was very exciting to watch.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
I love the Miss New York one! She's so unique and talented. I hope she at least made it to the finals, if not won Miss America. That just made my day.
ReplyDeleteThe second video was really enjoyable it wasn't only due the dance, I think the mix of the rhythm with the voice sounded great.
ReplyDeleteHey Grace! Thank you so much for sharing all of this dancing! I love learning about the music of these cultures, but the dance always has special meaning to me. Dance is such a large part of my just like music is and I love how dance is just as important to all cultures as the music itself is.
ReplyDeleteI found the second video to be quite entertaining. I don't, or rather haven't had the opportunity to get familiar with Bollywood music or dancing but it's still fun to watch.
ReplyDeleteI can't remember--did that Miss New York actually win Miss America? I seem to remember that we had an Indian-American sometime in the recent past, but I'm not sure if it was her or not...
ReplyDelete