Friday, January 16, 2015
"Cool Stuff"
The first video is an example of traditional belly dancing. I themed this "cool stuff" blog around dancing styles, and belly dancing just seemed like an obvious choice to me. As I watch this woman dance, I am just amazed at how she can move like that. I wouldn't even know how to begin to try and recreate that myself. I'm highly impressed by how she is able to shake the way she is.
The second video is an example of the salsa, which is a Latin American dance. I chose this video because that girl is awesome. She is so incredibly flexible, and she is so graceful about her movements, that I can watch this video over and over again. It's performers like her that make me wish I knew how to dance like that. It's mesmerizing.
The last video is an example of the tango, another Latin American dance. Evidently I had forgotten how passionate and sensual the tango is, because that became incredibly clear to me while watching various other videos. I chose this one because I liked some of the talking at the beginning (although it's not necessary to watch all of the talking), and the dancers were just so in sync with each other, and there was so much passion in their dance that I felt I needed to share it.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
All three of these dance videos were superb, Grace! The belly dancer looks like she has uncountable regions of her belly under control. The Latin dancers looked in sync with perfect form. Thanks for sharing!
ReplyDeleteThese are amazing. I really like the costumes that go with each dance as well. I can't even imagine how long it would take someone to learn to belly dance like that.
ReplyDeleteA nice collection of videos, Grace, and I like the theme. If we had more time, I'd get McCree to come in and teach us some of this! And yes, the tango is pretty sultry. You should check out some of the history....
ReplyDelete